If you cannot add the device and an error message ‘MAC ID already in use’ is observed, this means the device’s mac address is already seized:
- the device is already added in our system, although not used,
- the device is registered at another company on the Kwebbl platform,
- the device is registered on another platform than Kwebbl.
In case we need to check on that, please raise a ticket stating the brand of the device (Yealink, Gigaset, Panasonic) alongside the MAC address of the device.
After the MAC address is found there can be 3 outcome scenarios:
- our backend engineers release the MAC address;
- we confirm that the MAC address is in use in another company:
- this means no further actions are possible on our side for the moment and you should contact that company to settle the matter;
- the MAC address is not reserved for Kwebbl: this means no further actions are possible on our side, also we cannot see which provider the MAC address is reserved for in this case. You will need to contact the manufacturer of the device to request the release of the MAC address.